Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The End of A Chapter

I can hardly believe it, the time has come to say goodbye to Malaga and slowly close this chapter of life. Life I’ve said in some of my previous blogs this experience has been purely unforgettable in every sense of the word. It´s funny that the day that I feared, and have also been waiting for, has finally come but in the end I am ready to go back home. There are going to be a lot of things that I will take home with me about my experience here in Malaga. Nine months have passed since I first arrived here and I could not have asked for a better experience and a better way to spend my junior year of college. I only hope that I will never forget the many things I learned and observed while being here during this long amount of time.
Looking back to when I first arrived in Malaga I can now remember and recognize some little amount of culture shock that I experienced. The hardest thing that I had to get used to was the time schedule of when things get done here but as time went on it became easier to adjust. People here are a lot more open then I expected them to be and I am grateful to them for it. Practica allowed me to see how the Spanish work environment is and I have to say that it is definitely one of my favorites, but I did learn some things that I will never forget.
My host family has also taught me a lot and helped me greatly to improve my Spanish skills. They welcomed me into their house with open arms and now treat me as an adopted daughter and I will miss them dearly when I leave. I only hope they will remember me after I get on the plain to go back home to my family and friends. I have been given this amazing opportunity to live in another country for a year and I am eternally grateful for it and I will never forget it.
I would definitely recommend Malaga as an abroad destination because there is no other place like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment