Monday, May 18, 2009

Malaga 2008-09


I just wanted to dedicate this last blog to the people that I´ve been able to experience Spain with over the course of nine months. The end has come and I can honestly say that this has been the best experience of my life. I remember asking some of the girls what has been the best thing that has stood out to them so far and noone could think of any ONE thing. To me, this is indicative of the many amazing, fascinating things that we have experienced here. From travelling across Spain, spending hours on a bus or mini-bus, visiting catedral after catedral, walking on the beach, having our routine escapades in El Centro, eating churros and paella and basically just having the time of our lives.


No one can deny that we have truly been blessed to have experienced this and it is something that would remain with us for the rest of our lives. I went for a run today wearing my Dickinson College T-shirt, and on my walk back, yes, walk, someone mentioned to me how great it must be to be a part of such a program. This was already evident when we sat down to have dinner with people like Pedro Aparicio, Antonio Soler, Juvenal Soto, Teodoro Leon Gross and Fernando Arcas, all celebrated names here in Malaga and throughout Spain, and all of whom came to our classroom to contribute to our learning experience. The fact that the program is indeed amazing, is not only evident in our interaction with these phenomenal people but also, among ourselves, how far we´ve come, how much we´ve learnt and how we all have fallen in love with this place that we called home for the past few months. When I first started out writing this I really wanted it to be nostagic and a great reminder of the things we´ve experienced. But since I´m still here in Malaga it´s a bit harder for me to face that it is really over and that someday I will have to return to the States and then Dickinson. For now, I just want to tell my fellow companions on this journey that you are all wonderful and that it has been a pleasure to have shared this with you.

2 comments:

  1. Need a car hire in Malaga? A really cheap car hire from 6£ per day? Here is the solution for your holidays: http://www.auto-europe.co.uk/go/car-hire/spain/malaga/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afgezien van het verschillende bedrijf maakte een webcast voor tools en technologie die het presentations on line en web meetings uitvoeren van internet te promoten. Die helpt bij diverse doel van de communicatie-en on-line overdracht van informatie en opleiding.

    ReplyDelete