Sunday, May 10, 2009

Los Montes



To be honest, I was a little unsure what to think when the idea of making a paella in the Montes first came up. With final exams and essays right around the corner, it seemed like a stressful day to take an afternoon trip. I also had the question of how in the world we were going to make this paella in the middle of the mountains. Despite my hesistations, the day was a wonderful escape that showed us a new side of Málaga. We have driven through the mountains numerous times on our trips, but we’ve never stopped to enjoy the peacefulness there. Living here in Málaga, I am used to the busy city filled with lots of people shopping and eating, settled between the gorgeous views that we have of the Mediterranean and the mountains. The recreation area with all of its walking trails where we enjoyed our afternoon is another dimension of Málaga that I never knew existed. Being from a small town where we have lots of open land and woods along with tons of greens, spending the afternoon in the Monte was like a breath of fresh air to me and made me love Málaga even more than I already do.

No comments:

Post a Comment